Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
TBG is actively seeking an individual who enjoys working in a variety of group dynamics-from independent work to collaboration with teaming partners and developing a dynamic in-house team.
Job Overview: The Transportation Specialist will work with automated movements and transportation information systems as they pertain to transportation operations. Current systems include GTN (Global Transportation Network), JOPES (Joint Operational Planning and Execution System), TC-AIMS II (Transportation Coordinator's Automated Information for Movement System II), JFRG II (Joint Force Requirements Generator II) and DS2T (Deployment and Sustainment Support Tool).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Applies technical knowledge of deployment, traffic management and shipping principles and policies in application of practical traffic and transportation operational requirements.
* Prepares appropriate documentation required for the mode of transportation asset being utilized. Uses local and Army transportation policies and procedures to arrive at the appropriate transportation solution.
* Provides technical advice and assistance in the execution of daily transportation requirements.
* Maintains transportation In-transit Visibility (ITV) for routine, high value and Sensitive Materiel transportation movements.
* Prepares Military Shipping Labels (MSL), RF/AIT (Radio Frequency / Automated Information Technology) and special areas such as HAZMAT (hazardous materials) documentation.
* Utilizes knowledge and expertise of the Army transportation system to manage transportation requirements.
* Obtains desired information from appropriate sources, organizes data into usable format for analysis, coordinates and follows-up with data systems and other management information systems to insure data collection is carried out.
* Must have basic knowledge of the principles of deployment, traffic management and transportation requirements of the missions/operating programs served, plus technical developments in the transportation field.
* Must have knowledge of and experience in developing solutions to unique security requirements inherent with US Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF) and their classified operations, including classified data processing protection.
* A comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of deployment, traffic management, & automation policies, principles, and practices in support of traffic management.
* Broad knowledge of transportation operations, practices, and policies as well as a thorough knowledge of transportation automated systems to satisfy user requirements.
* Must be able to interpret transportation security policies, procedures, and guidelines.
* Ability to prepare and coordinate system functional descriptions, data output requirements, and user documentation needs associated with the application or adaptation of ADP equipment and automation security to the organizations transportation data system supporting movement control, deployment, and material acquisition. Knowledge of Joint Operating Procedures and Execution System (JOPES), Global Command & Control System (GCCS), Global Transportation Network (GTN), Transportation Coordinator's Automated Information for Movement System II (TC-AIMS II), Joint Force Requirements Generator II (JFRG II) and Deployment and Sustainment Support Tool (DS2T).
* Knowledge in shipping, receiving, storing, issuing stock control measures and accounting procedures.
* Knowledge in handling, movement, storage, and maintenance of ammunition, medical and food supplies.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree in Transportation or Business-related fields from an accredited university/college with four years of experience in military Transportation (88H and 882A); or Associates Degree in Transportation or Business from an accredited university/college and military equivalent training (88H and 882A) with six years of experience; or Military equivalent training and eight years of experience (88H and 882A).
* Clearance: Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrination.
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities