Targeting Automation Specialist, MID
Targeting Automation Specialist, MID
Duty Location: Colorado Spring, CO
FLSA Classification: Full Time, exempt
The Buffalo Group, LLC is a well-respected, employee focused company. TBG is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a professional work environment. The Management philosophy of promoting from within is designed to enhance your personal career growth.
The responsibilities of the Targeting Automation Specialist include, but are not limited to, developing and monitors the USSPACECOM target automation program.
Principle Responsibilities of the Position:
· The responsibilities of the Targeting Automation Specialist include, but are not limited to, developing and monitors the USSPACECOM target automation program.
· The administrator will ensure USSPACECOM conforms to DoD target automation requirements.
· Additionally, the employee will advise USSPACECOM J23 Targeting Branch and staff on target automation.
· JTT is the DoD standard for target folder data basing, target list management, and air tasking order (ATO) production.
· Recognized as a technical expert of JTT, the automation manager will have a detailed understanding between the interaction of JTT and MIDB (and follow on systems) and additional command and control utilities like Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS).
· In addition to targeting automation, the position is in charge of knowledge management for the Targeting enterprise.
· Responsible for creating solutions on SIPRNET and JWICS for file sharing / file management that allows geographically dispersed organizations to quickly and efficiently share large files.
· The employee is responsible for maintaining JTT and training personnel on the use of JTT.
· As J23T Knowledge Manager, the Targeting Automation Specialist will create knowledge management solutions for the Targeting enterprise.
· Desired education/training: successful completion of in-resident Joint Targeting course, or the Geospatial Imagery / Targeting Analyst course, or the Air Operation Center Course.
· The Targeting Automation Specialist shall have at least four years of experience relevant to targeting automation.
· Bachelors degree in an area related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; or have Bachelor’s degree related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and an additional 5 years of related senior experience, for a total of 17 years, as a substitute to the Master’s degree
· Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of the labor category activities required to meet mission requirements.
· For analysts, demonstrates mastery of qualitative and quantitative analytic methodologies and pursues developments in academia or other fields that affect tradecraft methodology.
· For analysts, demonstrates ability to define comprehensive, new, or unique research approaches that enable rigorous assessments to address and contribute to high-level tasks.
· For analysts, demonstrates in-depth analysis of analytic operations and knowledge management issues across organizational and intra-IC boundaries and clearly articulates key findings.
· Demonstrates ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
· For analysts, demonstrates ability to review analytic products for cogent arguments, tradecraft standards, and adequate support for conclusions; routinely tests analytic rigor of analytic products.
· Minimum 12 years of experience related to the specific labor category with at least a portion of the experience within the last 2 years.
Special Knowledge/Skills Required:
· US government clearance: Current Top Secret/SCI
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities