System Security/Cyber Security Specialist
The Buffalo Group is seeking key personnel to deliver comprehensive automation/information technology support to Department of the Army Intelligence Information Services (DAIIS) worldwide intelligence dissemination, data management, and knowledge management missions. Come join our dynamic team and provide mission critical support to U.S. interests and deployed warfighters around the world!
At The Buffalo Group, you will be more than a rank and file - we’re looking for ambitious professionals with passion for their work and confidence in their ideas. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, we offer growth opportunities through promotion and professional development.
Systems Security/Cyber Security Specialist
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Enforce DoD and Army cyber security policies and regulations.
· Write reports, memorandums, and procedure manuals IAW Army Regulation 25-50, Preparing and Managing Correspondence.
· Develop and sustain Risk Management Framework (RMF) certification and accreditation (C&A) packages to maintain Authorization to Operate (ATO) to include Bodies of Evidence (BOE).
· Process and submit Plans of Action and Milestones (POAMs) within Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
· Monitor DISA STIGs implementation and report compliance to customer leadership.
· Apply the RMF process in accordance with DoD and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines.
· Provide and submit packages to gain approval via Army eMASS Assess-Only Process (formerly Certificates of Networthiness (CoN)) for new and upgraded software.
· Enter and manage data in the Army Portfolio Management Solution (APMS) registry and associated Assessment and Authorization (A&A) requirements for annual Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) reporting.
· Perform monitoring of security controls to ensure compliance within eMASS for DAIIS systems.
· Issue, track, and destroy a weekly average of 200 CD/DVD/Blu-ray media types as a media custodian.
· Prepare reports and track Unauthorized Disclosure of Classified Information (UDCI), Serious Incident Reports (SIR), Vulnerability Disclosure Program (VDP), Army User Activity Monitoring Program (AUAMP), and any other similar report as required.
· Prepare, submit, and track Approval to Connect (ATC), Enclave Connection Approval (ECA), Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS) requests.
· Train Data Transfer Agents on authorized methods of requesting, obtaining, and handling removable media.
· Provide support and manage INSCOM G3 privileged and general users within the Army Training and Certification Tracking System (ATCTS).
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
· DoD 8570.1-M IAT Level II certification.
· Four years Information Assurance (IA) systems security experience or five years of military system security experience.
· Three years of experience preparing System Security Plans (SSPs), Plans of Actions and Milestones (POAM), and other associated Body of Evidence documentation for system certifications and authorizations.
· Two years of experience working with the Accreditation Process, Risk Management Framework (RMF).
· Two years of experience working with vulnerability scanners such as Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Windows Automated Security Scanning Program (WASSP) and DISA STIG Viewer.
· Two years of experience entering information in the enterprise Mission Assurance Support Services (eMASS).
· Two years of experience working with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM), Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), Information Assurance Vulnerability Bulletins (IAVBs), Security Requirements Guides (SRG), and Technical Advisories (TAs).
· TS/SCI clearance with SBI and ability to attain SI, TK, G, HCS, and NATO Secret clearance.
· Tenable Fundamentals of Managing Security Center Certificate of Proficiency.
TBG is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.