Storage Engineer, Senior
Senior Storage Engineer
Duty Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
FLSA Classification: Full Time, exempt
The Buffalo Group, LLC is a well-respected, employee focused company. TBG is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a professional work environment. The Management philosophy of promoting from within is designed to enhance your personal career growth.
TBG is seeking a Senior Storage Engineer to support our government client.
Principle Responsibilities of the Position:
· Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
· Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
· Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
· Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
· Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
· Performs database programming and supports systems design. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
· Master’s Degree
· Minimum 10 years of experience
Special Knowledge/Skills Required:
· US government clearance: Current Top Secret/SCI
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities