Sr Microsoft System Administrator
The Buffalo Group is seeking key personnel to deliver comprehensive automation/information technology support to Department of the Army Intelligence Information Services (DAIIS) worldwide intelligence dissemination, data management, and knowledge management missions. Come join our dynamic team and provide mission critical support to U.S. interests and deployed warfighters around the world!
At The Buffalo Group, you will be more than a rank and file - we’re looking for ambitious professionals with passion for their work and confidence in their ideas. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, we offer growth opportunities through promotion and professional development.
Senior Microsoft Windows Systems Administrator
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Support the identification and resolution of automation and information technology hardware and software issues and problems to maintain at least a 99% system availability rate.
· Perform installation, configuration, administration and monitoring of enterprise class blade and storage technologies, to include performance optimization, patching, and updating of associated hardware and underlying operating systems in PWS 5.1.
· (Perform administration and maintenance of Windows based servers to include daily system checks and record 100% of findings and statuses in DAIIS Systems Administration Daily Checks list.
· Apply Security Template Implementation Guidelines (STIG) and security updates and hotfixes to address Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments (IAVA) and security mandates within 30 calendar days of notification of update availability.
· Provide detailed system matrices of DAIIS supported systems and applications to include utilization, uptime, storage availability, and performance on a monthly basis or as requested.
· Analyze technical support requests and provide possible technical solutions and courses of action within10 business days of receipt of request.
· Conduct testing of systems and applications immediately after configuration changes and software deployments to validate that changes and enhancements do not adversely affect system operation and performance.
· Deploy DAIIS-developed and third-party commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and Government off-the-shelf (GOTS) applications to production, integration, and staging servers within 15 business days of deployment request.
· Conduct system upgrades as directed by customer leadership.
· Ensure the availability and accessibility of an average of seventy (70) Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) for Windows Server websites hosted across eight (8) networks.
· Respond to customer requests and contact customers by the end of the business day to confirm requirement receipt and provide an approximate time of completion.
· Provide Continuity of Operations planning, evaluation, and execution of critical services during the quarterly IPR and update any required SOPs and instructions guides within five days of IPR completion.
· Develop and maintain documentation which includes SOPs, TTPs, System Architecture Guides, and Diagrams for all DAIIS systems and hardware configurations adhering to organizational templates and policies.
· Notify the Government of any unscheduled system outages within 30 minutes of each occurrence and record the outage to the operations log within four (4) hours.
· Makes Configuration management data shall be timely updated within one business day of any modification or update of infrastructure and the contractor will report the updates/changes in their Monthly Status Reports
· Monitor and assume responsibility of trouble tickets assigned to the Systems Administration branch, assign specific tickets for resolution, and prioritize tickets in line with organizational goals of maintaining 99% system availability rate.
· Provide after-hours on-site support to respond to system/application malfunctions.
· Support SharePoint operations including portal/website maintenance, custom application maintenance, and general system support (perform STIGs, produce POAMs, ensure IAVM, etc).
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
· DoD 8570.1-M IAT Level II certification
· Eight years of progressively responsible experience in server administration, including supporting and managing servers in a production environment.
· Five years of experience identifying and analyzing server requirements; planning the design and deployment of new technologies and upgrades
· Five years of experience applying industry best practices on Windows Server 2012 R2 and later operating systems encompassing configuration, implementation, and security
· Eight years of experience on server administration in Microsoft (MS) Windows environments, including MS Windows Server 2012 R2 and later configuration to include performance monitoring, tuning, and making recommendations to improve overall system performance and application efficiency
· Four years of experience managing Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
· Two years of experience administrating HP blade and storage technologies
· Three years of experience serving as a team leader working as both part of a team and independently to assign/review immediate tasks, set priorities, maintain task progress, validate team members work consistent with the organizational goals and deadlines.
· Five years of experience mentoring junior personnel on proper practices and procedures.
· Five years of experience in server administration applying systems patches and STIGs on a Microsoft (MS) Windows Server 2012 R2 and later.
· Four years of experience using PowerShell and other scripting languages to automate common and repeating tasks.
· Five years of experience maintaining an enterprise-sized Windows Server based environment.
· TS/SCI clearance with SBI and ability to attain SI, TK, G, HCS, and NATO Secret clearance
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MSCA) - Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016 Certification
TBG is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.