SR Interior Designer/Space Planner
Location: Fort Gordon, GA
TBG is actively seeking an individual who enjoys working in a variety of group dynamics-from independent work to collaboration with teaming partners and developing a dynamic in-house team.
Job Overview: The Sr. Interior Designer/Space Planner will develop and maintain employee occupancy documents, continuously updating data such as number of employees, vacant work spaces and other pertinent facility information.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Analyzes the customer site’s office building to determine the most efficient use of space.
* Computes square footage available for each member of staff to determine whether minimum space restrictions can be met. Draws design layout, showing location of furniture, equipment, doorways, electrical and telephone outlets, and other facilities.
* Serves as a Project Manager (PM) on Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) procurement projects when FF&E is not procured as part of a project that has an assigned PM (standalone FF&E).
* Prepares complete interior design drawings in compliance with agency criteria and needs of the project including floor plans, interior elevations, section details, perspectives and finishes. Balances aesthetic features to blend with existing structures, site and environment.
* Provides expert advice to customers on the selection and design of essential items of equipment and furnishings to ensure maximum durability for longevity, aesthetic value, life expectancy, functional space arrangements, flow planning, etc.
* Specializes in the use of computer in design and drafting. Serves as a senior interior designer on the CADD system. Responsible for staying current with technology and operation due to changes and improvement in equipment.
* Specifically selects appropriate furniture, materials, fabrics, floor coverings, furnishing materials, signage/graphics, to create optimum interior spaces to meet customer needs.
* Reviews, evaluates and determines adequacy of shop drawings, samples, certificate of compliance, laboratory analyses, paint certifications and other submittals and data from contractors covered by Government contracts.
* Provides information as to criteria for structural, mechanical and electrical designs, and writes interior architectural features of specifications and design analysis reports.
* Evaluates technical data pertaining to materials, equipment, shop drawings, proposals for modifications and additions and methods of installation submitted by contractors.
* Serves as the senior interior Designer, responsible for planning, design, and review of new and/or extension, conversion or modernization of existing interiors of buildings or facilities.
* Responsibilities include preparation, review and presentation of supporting documentation for military construction and facility renovation projects, socioeconomic and demographic studies, environmental documentation, information management requirements, and cost estimates.
* Presents briefings and studies to senior members as required.
* Coordinates with military commander’s planning staffs in the theater to develop comprehensive plans to assure the disparate interests and responsibilities of supported and supporting organizations are recognized and included in master plans for relocation and realignment activities.
* Plans utilization of space and facilities for supported facilities consistent with requirements of organizational efficiency and available facilities and funds. Inspects buildings office areas, special purpose areas, and SCIFs to evaluate suitability for occupancy, considering such factors as air circulation, lighting, location, size and compatibility with the organization’s missions.
* Must have knowledge of and experience in developing solutions to unique security requirements inherent with US Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF) and their classified operations, including classified data processing protection.
* Experience in the management of an operational military unit/activity or civilian equivalent is required.
* Familiarity with all aspects of facility operation to include but not limited to HVAC, Mechanical and Electrical operations. Previous support experience with DPW or similar entities required.
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to include a specific knowledge of technical military writing style and format.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Architecture, Interior Design, or related field with seven years’ experience.
* Clearance: Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrination.
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities