SR Facility Planner/Programmer
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
TBG is actively seeking an individual who enjoys working in a variety of group dynamics-from independent work to collaboration with teaming partners and developing a dynamic in-house team.
Job Overview: The Sr. Facility Planner/Programmer will serve as office workplace representative in all short term and long-range facility planning efforts.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Organize and manage implementation of facility maintenance, office renovations, reconfigurations, and furniture & finish installations.
* Responsible for maintenance, repair, construction and operation of facilities to insure cost effective and reliable support.
* Helps oversee the maintenance, repair, construction and operation of all assigned systems and supporting infrastructure. Includes responsibility for work control, planning, infrastructure, and facilities support and operations.
* Develop project scopes, prepare work orders, and obtain project authorizations for assigned projects.
* Identifies problems and develops solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing project scope.
* Responsibilities include preparation, review and presentation of supporting documentation for military construction and facility renovation projects, socioeconomic and demographic studies, environmental documentation, information management requirements, and cost estimates.
* Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans, budgets and schedules.
* Presents briefings and studies to senior members as required.
* Applies technical and/or military knowledge, skills and experience along with US Army unique military engineering and intelligence knowledge, skills and experience acquired during military service and training, to develop program management plans using Microsoft Project software.
* Coordinates with military commander’s planning staffs in the theater to develop comprehensive plans to assure the disparate interests and responsibilities of supported and supporting organizations are recognized and included in master plans for relocation and realignment activities.
* Plans utilization of space and facilities for supported facilities consistent with requirements of organizational efficiency and available facilities and funds. Inspects buildings office areas, special purpose areas, and SCIFs to evaluate suitability for occupancy, considering such factors as air circulation, lighting, location, size and compatibility with the organization’s missions.
* Must have knowledge of and experience in developing solutions to unique security requirements inherent with US Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF) and their classified operations, including classified data processing protection.
* Experience in the management of an operational military unit/activity or civilian equivalent is required.
* Familiarity with all aspects of facility operation to include but not limited to HVAC, Mechanical and Electrical operations. Previous support experience with DPW or similar entities required.
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to include a specific knowledge of technical military writing style and format.
* : Bachelor’s in any field (May substitute additional 4 years of relevant intelligence experience for this education requirement)
* : Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrination.
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities