Software Engineer, Mid
Location: Reston, VA
TBG is actively seeking an individual who enjoys working in a variety of group dynamics-from independent work to collaboration with teaming partners and developing a dynamic in-house team.
Job Overview: Individual must have adequate domain knowledge and hands-on experience in developing, implementing software programs. As a mid-level coder, this labor competency is responsible for maintaining and improving the performance of existing software code, with duties to write and update software code under contract and direction from the assigned Government Product Manager. Clear communication skills are required. Astute ability in writing test scripts, in an agile software development environment, where building in automated test procedures in addition to functional code are paramount to continuous integration and continuous delivery of software. This competency is required to further test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization. Recommendation of improvements to existing software programs as necessary. Individual shall be capable of performing the software tasks identified in the contract requirements in forming and working on Government/Contractor software coding teams.
* 4 years’ experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and micro-service development.
* 3 years’ experience with agile and lean philosophies, serving as scrum or team lead.
* Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders conducting interviews, observations, and surveys, to develop user-stories in support of full-service consumer and business applications.
* Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) techniques, test-driven development, and automated testing practices.
* Development of customized code, scripts, modules, macro procedures, and libraries to implement specialized spatial analysis functions using languages such as Python, Java, PHP, C, Pro*C, Perl, or similar scripting and development languages.
* BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent technical degree.
* 5 years’ experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and micro-service development.
* 4 years’ experience with agile and lean philosophies, serving as scrum or team lead.
* Integration and tailoring of geospatial Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software applications; specialized software and database development and maintenance; integration of related specialized hardware; engineering studies to identify and remedy geodata processing bottlenecks.
* Integration and tailoring of geospatial Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software applications; specialized software and database development and maintenance;
* Experience with government and/or commercial imagery products, to include RADAR imaging technologies.
* Experience with integration and operations of terrain analysis visualization and algorithms.
* Experience with integrating and operating automated detection algorithms.
* Experience working with and developing geospatial information systems (GIS) to include open-source and proprietary geospatial formats.
* Use and development with common geospatial tools, data, and operating platforms. These may include, but are not limited to:
oTools - Boundless Spatial suite, Remote View, PostGRES, and/or other geospatial databases, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, Image Server, and File Geodatabases.
oData formats including KML, KMZ, NITF, TIFF, JPEG, GeoPDF, and similar geo-related formats.
oOperating Platforms - ESRI, OpenGeo Suite, or similar.
* Possesses a TS/SCI level, or above, security clearance.
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities