Software Engineer 6
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree
Minimum Experience: 16 years
* Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
* Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
* Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks
* Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
* Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
* Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated software projects
* Skills and Tasks: Advanced experience in a particular discipline/domain. Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and/or managers not performed at level 5 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
* Leadership/management: May work individually or as a key member of a senior technical team. Leads resolution of complex technical issues and/or performs research of high-end technical solutions.
* Guidance: Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion
* Training and Certifications: DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order