Senior Technical Writer
The Buffalo Group is seeking key personnel to deliver comprehensive automation/information technology support to Department of the Army Intelligence Information Services (DAIIS) worldwide intelligence dissemination, data management, and knowledge management missions. Come join our dynamic team and provide mission critical support to U.S. interests and deployed warfighters around the world!
At The Buffalo Group, you will be more than a rank and file - we’re looking for ambitious professionals with passion for their work and confidence in their ideas. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, we offer growth opportunities through promotion and professional development.
Senior Technical Writer
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Create operating instructions, "How To" manuals, assembly instructions, and "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" pages to help technical support staff, consumers, and other users within the directorate.
· Work with software developers, requirements/business analysts, and customer service managers to improve the end-user experience through product design changes.
· Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
· Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
· Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit outdated documents, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
· Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards and allow for easy data migration.
· Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in English or related technical writing field or three years of experience serving as the Secretariat of the General Staff (SGS).
· Five years of experience working in a technical writing position.
· Three years of experience working with MS Office products.
· Three year of experience writing in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
· Three years of experience producing electronic and hard copy manuals & documentation in support of software development projects, system administration technical procedures and SharePoint governance documentation.
· TS/SCI clearance with SBI and ability to attain SI, TK, G, HCS, and NATO Secret clearance.
TBG is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.