Senior Project Scheduler
Senior Project Scheduler
Duty Location: St. Louis, Mo
FLSA Classification: Full Time, exempt
The Buffalo Group, LLC is a well-respected, employee focused company. TBG is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a professional work environment. The Management philosophy of promoting from within is designed to enhance your personal career growth.
TBG is seeking a Senior Project Scheduler to provide full-time schedule support.
Principle Responsibilities of the Position:
· Serve as a technical advisor for the IMS.
· Develop, integrate, maintain and perform analysis on the IMS. The IMS is maintained on MS Project Servers and consists of several sub-projects developed and imported from various sources, to include Primavera servers, MS Project servers at NAVAIR, and various other MS Project data from internal NGA stakeholders.
· Receive, format, correct/debug, and integrate multiple sub-project data sets (in MS Excel and MS Project formats) into MS Project based IMS on a regular, defined schedule.
· Create, modify, and filter network schedules from various information sources. Perform quality control and quality assurance analysis of schedule data to ensure integrity of related data links in an environment of ongoing and continuous schedule data change.
· Provide ad hoc support to IMS Lead in development and publication of standard and tailored schedule products. Define and communicate impacts of schedule variance on schedule critical path, near critical paths, task/activity float, and impacts of changes on linked/related program.
· Write macros within MS Project to perform specific, customized functions.
· Provide schedule input to the budget and other taskers or actions.
· Support APMs in planning and technical exchanges between prime contractors, segments, projects and customers.
· Take & publish meeting minutes; advise PMO & stakeholders on IMS issues.
· Document & support implementation of IMS improvements & best practices.
· Prepare IMS briefing materials.
· High School Diploma
· Demonstrated expertise using MS Project with the ability to import and manipulate schedule files.
· At least six years demonstrated experience as scheduler on at least two major IT, security or construction projects with large, complex schedules.
· Demonstrated experience conducting analysis and developing metrics on schedule data to determine project trends and inform leadership decisions.
· Demonstrated development of a complex integrated master schedule, meeting with stakeholders and building line-by-line schedules in MS Project.
· Certification as Project Management Institute Scheduling Professional (SP) or Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP)
· Related experience in a complex mega facilities project.
· Previous experience as a Control Account Manager.
· MS Project 2010 or 2013 certification.
Special Knowledge/Skills Required:
· US government clearance: Current Top Secret/SCI
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities