Senior F5 System Engineer
The Buffalo Group is seeking key personnel to deliver comprehensive automation/information technology support to Department of the Army Intelligence Information Services (DAIIS) worldwide intelligence dissemination, data management, and knowledge management missions. Come join our dynamic team and provide mission critical support to U.S. interests and deployed warfighters around the world!
At The Buffalo Group, you will be more than a rank and file - we’re looking for ambitious professionals with passion for their work and confidence in their ideas. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, we offer growth opportunities through promotion and professional development.
Senior F5 Engineer
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Responsible for leading the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of F5 appliances; oversees the configuration, operation, and administration of F5 appliances.
· Mentor less experienced System Administrators.
· Lead the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the F5 appliances utilizing best practices of F5 technology along with other aspects of client security.
· Architect and engineer the F5 Local Traffic Manager, Access Policy Manager Application Security Manger modules.
· Collaborate with Network and Systems Administrators and other support teams for provisioning of Virtual Machines and/or installation of physical devices within the data center, and to ensure secure communication paths for traffic and remote management.
· Collaborate with Architects on solutions addressing application delivery, integration, and access control needs.
· Configure and maintain the cryptographic elements within F5 including crypto profiles, identification and validation credentials, encryption and signing keys, x509 certificates, and Hypertext Transfer PS front-side handlers, and advises on key rotation and certificate validation and renewal strategies.
· Develop iRules and apply rules within the F5 appliances.
· Troubleshoot and debug services using problem determination tools and logs provided with the F5 appliances.
· Monitor security bulletins and mitigate issues as necessary to ensure compliance.
· Perform and oversee ongoing configuration and administration of the F5.
· Conduct detailed research and recommend approaches for identity management and access control.
· Configure monitoring using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and off-box logging to Splunk-based Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).
· Test F5 configurations in non-production environments to ensure they meet functional requirements.
· Implement reusable patterns and write scripts and programs to facilitate or automate configuration and administration tasks, deployment of applications and services, and migration of service configurations through development and testing environments, to production.
· Monitor firmware releases, security bulletins, and vendor notifications.
· Evaluates, recommends, plans, and applies firmware updates. Assist in the provisioning of user accounts, access groups, and application domains.
· Document operational policies and procedures based on established client requirements and security controls, industry-standard practices and vendor recommendations.
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
· DoD 8570.1-M IAT Level II certification.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
· Five plus years of F5 Local Traffic Manager (LTM), Access Policy Manager (APM), and Application Security (ASM) modules experience
· Two plus years F5 Global Traffic Manager (GTM) experience
· Five years Application Security experience
· Five years of experience with troubleshooting services on F5 appliances.
· Five years Administration and monitoring experience with F5 - Five years of experience in advanced Extensible Markup Language (XML) concepts.
· Two years of experience supporting government agencies.
· Certified BIG-IP Administrator and/or F5 Certified Technology Specialist.
· TS/SCI clearance with SBI and ability to attain SI, TK, G, HCS, and NATO Secret clearance.
TBG is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.