Senior Electrical Engineer
TBG is actively seeking an individual who enjoys working in a variety of group dynamics-from independent work to collaboration with teaming partners and developing a dynamic in-house team.
SR Electrical Engineer
* Provides expertise to INSCOM and Intelligence Community worldwide sites on the electrical engineering aspects of the installation, modification, operation and maintenance of facilities, mission systems, and support systems.
* Provide building and facilities condition assessments for both electrical and mechanical systems including: Electrical Service and distribution systems (typically 480 Volt and below), Lighting, Receptacle and internal power distribution.
* Develop and implement various engineering plans for medium and low voltage systems to include developing specifications, cost estimates and designs for operations, maintenance and support requirement to maintain various facilities.
* Responsible for preparing and monitoring repair and maintenance projects in support of customer operations, maintenance.
* Perform Electrical engineering power systems analysis calculations including, load calculation coordination, short circuit and arc flash.
* Must Specializes in the use of computer in design and drafting (CADD).
* Designs and provides guidance in the installation, operation and maintenance of power generation/distribution/grounding systems and supported sites.
* Provides guidance for the mitigation of electromagnetic interference from and carried by electrical and power distribution systems.
* Reviews design specifications for facilities, and mission and support systems to verify technical correctness and compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
* Prepares designs, specifications and procedures for the installation, integration and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
* Ensures the proper installation and operation of UPS for Information Technology (IT) and communications equipment at supported sites.
* Performs quality assurance of electrical construction at supported sites, ensuring the quality of workmanship and compliance with technical, construction and safety standards.
* Provides engineering input to the preparation of technical publications including INSCOM regulations and pamphlets.
* Immediately deployable to worldwide locations, in potentially hazardous work environments, to perform QRC/ technical support to US forces.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college/university with eight year’s diversified engineering experience in medium or low voltage power electrical equipment’s, integration and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
* Experience with installation and maintenance of medium or low voltage 50/60 Hz single and multiple phase wiring.
* Electrical Engineering experience with an architecture and/or engineering consulting firm.
* Electrical contracting and construction management.
* Supervision of plant operations, maintenance and repair of physical plant systems and equipment including campus type power generation and distribution systems.
* Experience in the use of computer in design and drafting (CADD).
* Application engineering with experience in design, installation, operation and maintenance of power generation/distribution/grounding systems.
* Experience with uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) for ADP and communications equipment.
* Ability to perform critical engineering reviews of Military Construction (MILCON) project data submissions, physical security requirements, and re-mediation programs.
* Skill in master planning for long range facility management and information management.
* Knowledge of and experience in power and grounding principles and techniques.
* Knowledge of Electromagnetic Compatibility principles and how they apply to the installation and operation of ISR and support systems.
* Professional registration is desirable but not mandatory.
* Command of fluent English, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation, schematics, and diagrams written under the ANSI standards.
US Citizenship, Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrination.
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities