Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Reston, VA US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI Poly
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
The Buffalo Group is hiring an experienced certified scrum Master to support a key program in Reston, VA. We are looking for an experienced Agile Scrum Master with both strong Agile Scrum delivery skills and project facilitation experience. They will interface with client personnel and use oral and written communications skills to develop great working relationships with stakeholders including customer Product Owners. This position is responsible for ensuring that all assigned work activities are performed in a timely and cost-effective manner while maintaining the highest quality of performance.
Serves as the authorized project interface with project stakeholders including government personnel and customer agency representatives. Responsible for facilitating delivery of customer-defined software development projects; basic responsibilities include:
* Act as Scrum Master for 1-2 scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams toward improving the way they work; facilitating sprint planning, retrospective and demos.
* Act as product manager and assisting the product owner and business analyst with managing the product backlog
* Remove all obstacles to project team efficiency and effectiveness; reaching out to the larger organizational network for impediment removal; ensuring cross-team coordination.
* Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
* Liaising between developers and project stakeholders; fostering quality communication between engineering disciplines.
* Take responsibility for managing product releases and dependencies between teams and third parties or between assigned teams and other Scrum teams
* Manage and tracking project finances for the respective product family.
* Support development of product roadmaps.
* Analyze new and complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components
* Ensure appropriate staffing for assigned projects or tasks; developing personnel.
* Scheduling and allocating work, providing advice and guidance, and resolving problems to meet technical performance and financial objectives
* Review and evaluate work of staff and prepare periodic performance reports
* College degree (B.S..) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
* TS/SCI w/ poly is required.
* Certified Scrum Master/Scrum Practitioner with significant experience with Scrum teams and use of continuous integration tools and techniques in test-driven development. Experience with SAFe Agile development methodologies
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong software development background, with a minimum of three (3) solid years’ experience facilitating incremental software development projects using an Agile Scrum approach
* Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
* Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic; self-starter
* Professional Experience: 8 years related technical experience
* Technical familiarity or experience with relational database systems such as Oracle or MySQL. Experience or knowledge of utilizing virtual machines for coding and testing multiple environments.
* Experience or technical familiarity in the design and creation of APIs. Experience working with user groups and synthesizing user feedback.
* Experience with continuous deployment models.
* Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
* Acts independently to expose and resolve problems.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.