Essential Functions of the Position:
- Processes semi-monthly payroll for all employees using in-house software, including W4 and state tax information, direct deposit, benefits and pension withholdings. Works closely with third party payroll vendor to ensure accurate recordkeeping and payroll functions.
- Reviews and audits timesheets. Resolve discrepancies regarding issues such as unauthorized overtime or reasons for absences.
- Administers timekeeping system for all employees and semi-monthly processing of timesheets. Conducts floor checks at random.
- Compiles Labor Reporting to assist Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable staff.
- Works closely with Billing Administrator to accomplish monthly invoicing for government contracts and assists with monthly reconciliation.
- Monitors employee charges to appropriate contracts & labor categories.
- Manually prepares and provides general ledger adjusting entries each payroll.
- Performs year-end reconciliation of payroll-related general ledger accounts.
- Trains new hires on timekeeping system.
- Collects and monitors receipt of temporary personnel timesheets, recording on spreadsheets per contract to provide to Accounts Receivable.
- Responsible for front desk coverage as needed during non-payroll weeks.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Prefer BS in related area and 3-5 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with multi-state payrolls required.
- Broad knowledge of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Maintains current knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, to include Excel, Word and Access, third-party payroll and timesheet systems, as well as in-house payroll and timesheet systems.
- General accounting and/or government contractor experience desirable.
- Experience with Deltek, Cost Point, Time and Expense payroll and timesheet systems preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral, with all levels of personnel.
- US citizenship is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Some light physical effort required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The Buffalo Groups is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities