Network Engineer Mid Level
- Design, Deploy and Maintain network infrastructure; utilizing best practice routing and switching technologies.
- Maintain network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; participates in defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrade network by conferring with management; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Participate in the design, configuration, and maintenance of Networking solutions and IPSEC technologies.
- Provide a second level support for systems/network related issue/items across the entire enterprise
- IT network engineering support expertise (Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance) focusing on routers, switches, firewalls, IPS/IDS systems
- 2 - 4 years equivalent work experience as a Network Administrator working with Layer2 protocols including but not limited to 802.1Q tagging, STP (and its variations), LACP, etc
- VLAN expert for Physical, Hypervisor Stack for network Segmentation.
- Demonstrated expertise in providing Wide Area Network (WAN) engineering and telecommunication support
- Experience in designing and maintaining security systems.
- Thorough understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols.
- Complete command of security systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus
- BS/BE degree in computer science, cybersecurity, IT or equivalent experience
- Career minded - individual possesses the drive to always move forward.
- Active Learner - individual wants to continually learn and understand new technologies and designs. SDN, HCI, Cloud connectivity.