Master HVAC Technician
TBG is actively seeking an individual who enjoys working in a variety of group dynamics-from independent work to collaboration with teaming partners and developing a dynamic in-house team.
Master HVAC Technician
* Performs inspections on HVAC systems and components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) to evaluate condition, identify necessary repairs and recommend or perform preventive maintenance. Cleans, lubricates, and repacks the working parts of the system.
* Tracks performance of routine and preventative maintenance to ensure availability of HVAC systems and troubleshoot HVAC/R systems with complex problems and extensive repairs requiring judgement to locate malfunctions.
* Respond to service calls and preventive maintenance inspections and produce reports in writing through computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) regarding malfunctioning/inoperable equipment.
* Responds to emergency situations during and after hours to resolve issues. Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in HVAC systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
* Install, repair, and maintain large commercial and industrial ventilation, refrigeration, air conditioning (AC), and cooling systems with complex problems and extensive repairs.
* Independently perform recurring work on exhaust fans, boilers, air handlers, pump, motors, air dryers, and other related HVAC equipment but not limited to HVAC control and monitoring systems.
* Installs, modifies, overhauls, repairs, and maintains a variety of complex HVAC equipment air conditioning, air handlers, pumps, motors, valves, heating systems, and associated auxiliary and control equipment.
* Works with engineering or scientific personnel to discuss plans, modifications, and user needs. Reviews available plans, specifications, or drawings; determines the size, shape, and location of equipment.
* Performs design, modification, maintenance and repair of critical environmental and energy support systems and associated highly sensitive state-of-the-art computerized controls and air quality monitoring systems located within US-Only areas of Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs).
* Provides critical advanced technical knowledge in support of unique security requirements inherent in Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs)operations including sound baffling techniques/equipment and the resolution of compromising electrical currents, as sustainment of high system availability rates.
* Produces classified technical documentation outlining in depth technical findings and recommendations.
* Provides design, emergency non-routine fault isolation of smoke removal systems, fire detection/suppression equipment used exclusively in critical, highly sensitive Military Forces installations.
* Performs system and subsystem diagnostics and scheduling and maintaining complex electronic environmental systems, calibration, and lubrication of unique components and controls that are used to provide and monitor precise environmental conditions within SCIFs housing unique military intelligence equipment, scientific devices, and technologies.
* Performs periodic, worldwide deployments in strategic and tactical mobile facility environments. Provides expert technical assistance for a 24-hour operational environment with limited documentation resources.
* Responds to off-duty (evening and weekend) calls to support critical system outages and to provide rapid fault isolation and resolution concerning environmental factors affecting ISR system performance to include developing technical documentation for ISR support system layouts.
* Supports US Army systems on site whenever and wherever deployed. Available to deploy to other countries and/or theaters to perform quick reaction technical support to US forces worldwide military contingency missions and requirements in potentially hazardous work environments.
* Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.
Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent and 10 years’ experience with a valid Master HVAC license at a State level; or 12 years’ experience in an equivalent Military HVAC training/certification.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
* Specific experience in fault isolation and resolution of tactical and strategic environmental systems and their sophisticated electronic support systems.
* Ability to plan, install, troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems not fully covered by technical manuals, schematics, etc.
* 4 years’ experience with HVAC control and monitoring systems and their components.
* Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
* Expert level experience in design, installation and sustainment of computer controlled environmental systems in mobile secure facilities.
* Required to meet US Government accepted and industry standards criteria for technically complex computer environmental systems, uninterrupted power distribution systems, and power control equipment.
* Possess a North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification.
US Citizenship, Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrination.