Lead Software Engineer, Sr.
Location: Reston, VA
Individual must have senior knowledge and senior hands-on experience in developing, implementing and leading software programs. As a senior coder, this labor competency is responsible for maintaining and improving the performance of existing software code, with duties to design and update software databases under contract and direction from the assigned Government Product Manager. Clear communication skills are required. Astute ability in writing test scripts, in an agile software development environment, where built in automated test procedures are paramount and continuous integration of software and continuous delivery of software, to the Government is the culture. This competency is required to further test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization. Recommendation of improvements to existing software applications as necessary. Individual shall be capable of performing the software tasks identified in the contract requirements in forming and working on Government/Contractor software coding teams.
* BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent technical degree.
* 5 years’ experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and micro-service development.
* 3 years’ experience with agile and lean philosophies, serving as scrum or team lead.
* Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders conducting interviews, observations, and surveys, to develop user-stories in support of full-service consumer and business applications.
* Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) techniques, test-driven development, and automated testing practices.
* Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following:
oGovernment and/or commercial imagery products, to include SAR or related RADAR imaging technologies.
oIntegration and operations of terrain analysis visualization and algorithms.
oIntegrating and operating automated detection algorithms.
* Experience working with and developing geospatial information systems (GIS) to include open-source and proprietary geospatial formats
* Use and development with common geospatial tools, data, and operating platforms. These may include, but are not limited to:
oTools - Boundless Spatial suite, Remote View, PostGRES, and/or other geospatial databases, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, Image Server, and File Geodatabases.
oData formats including KML, KMZ, NITF, TIFF, JPEG, GeoPDF, and similar geo-related formats.
oOperating Platforms - ESRI, OpenGeo Suite, or similar.
* Development of customized code, scripts, modules, macro procedures, and libraries to implement specialized spatial analysis functions using languages such as Python, Java, PHP, C, Pro*C, Perl, or similar scripting and development languages.
* Possesses a TS//SCI level, or above, security clearance.
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities