Junior VMWare Administrator
The Buffalo Group is seeking key personnel to deliver comprehensive automation/information technology support to Department of the Army Intelligence Information Services (DAIIS) worldwide intelligence dissemination, data management, and knowledge management missions. Come join our dynamic team and provide mission critical support to U.S. interests and deployed warfighters around the world!
At The Buffalo Group, you will be more than a rank and file - we’re looking for ambitious professionals with passion for their work and confidence in their ideas. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, we offer growth opportunities through promotion and professional development.
Junior VMware Administrator
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Administer and monitor a 24/7/365 enterprise level virtualization infrastructure based on VMware product suites across multiple networks and disaster recovery sites composed of numerous ESXi hosts and hundreds of virtual machines across the supported networks.
· Ensure VMware applications and ESXi hosts remain current with operating system (OS) versions and patches.
· Test and install hardware, firmware, and security patches on all customer server and storage technologies.
· Perform daily system checks of all customer VMs, recording findings and statuses in Systems Administration Daily Checks list and perform appropriate corrective action as needed
· Apply STIGs, security updates, and hotfixes within 30 calendar days of release.
· Diagnose and repair system problems, utilizing tool sets available and working closely with other internal groups and vendor support. Perform upgrade of VM Tools on all customer VMs within one week of update availability.
· Provide weekly system metrics to include CPU, memory, network, and storage utilization to enable the customer leadership to make informed decisions on the welfare of the virtualization infrastructure.
· Assess and ensure compliance of the virtual infrastructure security posture, and ensure compliance with DISA STIGs and Department of the Army IA regulations. Provide a summary report of compliance reviews at the quarterly IPR.
· Prepare necessary documentation to support the organization System Security branch in the accreditation packet process
· Develop and maintain documentation, which includes SOPs, TTPs, System Architecture Guides and Diagrams for all customer systems and hardware configurations adhering to organizational templates and policies.
· Notify the Government of any unscheduled system outages
· Provide after-hours on-site support to respond to system/application malfunctions.
· Update configuration management data within one business day of any modification or update of infrastructure.
· Monitor and assume responsibility of trouble tickets assigned to the Virtualization Administration branch, assign specific ticket for resolution, and prioritize tickets in line with organizational goals of maintaining 99% system availability rate.
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
· DoD 8570.1-M IAT Level II certification
· Four years of progressively responsible experience in virtualization datacenter administration supporting and managing virtualization infrastructure, to include enterprise-class hardware
· Two years of experience administrating enterprise-sized, VMware-based virtualization infrastructures covering vCenter and standalone ESXi environments version 5.5 and later
· One year of experience designing, planning, implementing, and administrating HP enterprise blade server and storage technologies to support virtualization infrastructure
· One year of experience with fiber switches and storage area networks
· Two years of experience installing, configuring, and integrating servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure
· Two years of experience performing backups, troubleshooting, and problem resolution for servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure
· Two years of experience building highly available server clusters in a vSphere environment
· Two years of experience maintaining VM templates for use on rapid deployment of virtual machines
· Two years of recent experience implementing security posture and ensuring compliance with industry best practices, DA regulations, and STIGs
· TS/SCI clearance with SBI and ability to attain SI, TK, G, HCS, and NATO Secret clearance
· VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
· Digital Business Transformation Certification
TBG is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.