Junior Technical Writer
Title: Junior Technical Writer
Location: HQ, Reston
The Buffalo Group is seeking a Technical/Proposal Writer to support its winning proposal team. This position requires interaction with all levels of TBG employees and management.
- Analyze the technical requirements of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Sources Sought Notices (SSNs), and other client solicitations for software engineering or IT services (federal sector) related type of bids.
- Conceptualize, write, and review compelling documents while maintaining compliance with technical requirements, including past performance documentation, capabilities descriptions, and management and project plans.
- Conceptualize at a high level; review and integrate visually appealing, informative technical graphics and illustrations (such as charts, process flows, and screenshots).
- Interview subject-matter experts to understand the processes, technologies, business needs, and other contextual details of a subject-matter domain and to elicit the appropriate technical information to compose high-quality technical write-ups.
- Evaluate technical sections: text, layout, graphics, etc., for storytelling quality, consistency, coherence, clarity, and compliance with technical requirements and for alignment with solutions and themes.
- Maintain a library of proposals submitted to customers and prospects.
- Maintain the inventory of bid opportunities, bid decisions, and proposal wins and losses.
Minimum Qualifications/ Skills Set:
- B.A. or B.S. Undergraduate Degree in English, Communications, Technical Writing or other related discipline.
- Knowledge of researching, writing and/or documentation and proficient in MS Word.
- Experienced in advanced features of MS Word with knowledge of other software tools such as MS-Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Strong command of the English language and demonstrated technical writing skills.
- Must be able to complete assignments that have tight deadlines.
- Able to obtain a security clearance if required.
The Buffalo Groups is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities