Junior SQL Database Administrator
The Buffalo Group is seeking key personnel to deliver comprehensive automation/information technology support to Department of the Army Intelligence Information Services (DAIIS) worldwide intelligence dissemination, data management, and knowledge management missions. Come join our dynamic team and provide mission critical support to U.S. interests and deployed warfighters around the world!
At The Buffalo Group, you will be more than a rank and file - we’re looking for ambitious professionals with passion for their work and confidence in their ideas. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, we offer growth opportunities through promotion and professional development.
Junior SQL Database Administrator
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Provide database administration and management support for Relational Database Management Systems (RDMS) in a Microsoft SQL Server-based environment hosting databases across the supported networks for SharePoint and various .NET applications.
· Maintain quality of service and availability of RDMSs by establishing and enforcing organizational-defined standards ensuring the performance, integrity and security of databases through daily system checks with 100% of findings and statuses being recorded to customer IT Portal.
· Ensure SQL servers and instances have the latest Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIGs applied within 30 calendar days of release.
· Manipulate database objects and develop stored procedures, stored functions, and packages when needed based on customer requirements.
· Ensure healthy and reliable data replication is maintained using database mirroring and availability groups
· Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast query responses to ‘front end’ users optimizing code and stored procedures while assisting application developers with database requirements.
· Configure and utilize database connectivity tools and utilities while supporting developers, programmers, and engineers during software development.
· Map out a conceptual design for database enhancements; considering both ‘back end’ organization of data and ‘front end’ accessibility for end user.
· Research, test, and implement new versions of the Database Management System (DBMS) for inclusion into DAIIS infrastructure as they become available.
· Implement security requirements for least privileged access to organizational databases and monitor user access and security.
· Develop and maintain database documentation to include updating existing and creating new Standard Operating Procedures, TTPs, logical architecture diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, server lists, and other database administration related documentation on monthly basis adhering to organizational templates and policies.
· Produce entity relationship and data flow diagrams, and database normalization schemas that are logical to physical data maps and data table parameters.
· Develop, manage, and test backup and recovery plans, ensuring that storage, archiving, backup, and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
· Conduct capacity planning and assist with storage and architecture design.
· Review "Database Daily Checks" list on the customer Portal and complete the Daily System Checks assigned.
· Review "Database Restore Checks" list on the DAIIS JWICS Portal and complete random testing.
· Provide after-hours on-site support to respond to system/application malfunctions.
· Provide restoration services sufficient to ensure high availability
· Monitor and assume responsibility of trouble tickets assigned to the Database Administration branch, assign specific tickets for resolution, and prioritize tickets in line with organizational goals of maintaining 99% system availability rate.
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
· DoD 8570.1-M IAT Level II certification.
· Four years of experience in SQL database administration supporting and managing databases in a production environment.
· Two years of experience supporting Microsoft SQL in High Availability Group configurations
· Two years of experience with T-SQL and ability to write scripts to automate maintenance functions.
· Two years of experience implementing security measures in accordance with industry best practices and DISA STIGs.
· TS/SCI clearance with SBI and ability to attain SI, TK, G, HCS, and NATO Secret clearance
· Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) - Database Fundamentals (MS SQL Server) Certification
TBG is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.