Joint Intel Planner, SME
Joint Intelligence Planner, SME
Duty Location: Colorado Spring, CO
FLSA Classification: Full Time, exempt
The Buffalo Group, LLC is a well-respected, employee focused company. TBG is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a professional work environment. The Management philosophy of promoting from within is designed to enhance your personal career growth.
TBG is seeking a Joint Intelligence Planner to advise and monitor an intelligence planning team and ensures space intelligence equities are integrated into strategic and operational-level military planning and / or execution.
Principle Responsibilities of the Position:
· Provides status updates to USSPACECOM J2 and staff on JIP activities.
· The Joint Intelligence Planner shall provide intelligence support to campaign, contingency, and crisis planning, due to multiple years of experience on CCMD J2 (Intelligence) staff.
· Joint Intelligence Planner shall document intelligence resourcing gaps and shortfalls and develops mitigation strategies. Integrates intelligence products and services supporting the JPP. Synchronizes intelligence cycle supporting collection, analysis, production, and targeting in the JPP.
· Joint Intelligence Planner shall assist with red teaming and intelligence operations feasibility assessments within the planning process.
· Joint Intelligence Planner shall provide leadership while establishing intelligence planning enterprise in a newly formed military organizations with space missions, roles, and functions. Facilitates coordination of space intelligence with interagency, intelligence community, and partner nations.
· Minimum 20 years of experience relevant to the specific labor category with at least a portion of the experience within the last 2 years.
· Master’s degree in an area related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
· Joint Intelligence Planner shall have previous experience as a Joint Intelligence Planner.
· A Combatant Command, Joint Professional Military Education (Phase II) completion, and Joint Intelligence Planner Course (Phase I) completion are highly desired.
· Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of the labor category activities required to meet mission requirements.
· For analysts, demonstrates mastery of qualitative and quantitative analytic methodologies and pursues developments in academia or other fields that affect tradecraft methodology.
· For analysts, demonstrates ability to define comprehensive, new, or unique research approaches that enable rigorous assessments to address and contribute to high-level tasks.
· For analysts, demonstrates in-depth analysis of analytic operations and knowledge management issues across organizational and intra-IC boundaries and clearly articulates key findings.
· Demonstrates ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
· For analysts, demonstrates ability to review analytic products for cogent arguments, tradecraft standards, and adequate support for conclusions; routinely tests analytic rigor of analytic products.
· Demonstrates ability to define problems, supervise studies and lead surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions.
· For analysts, demonstrates analytic leadership and expertise in identifying, planning, developing, and executing analytic production methodologies, tradecraft and techniques aligned with labor category mission.
· Demonstrates extensive ability to provide strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to Defense planners and policymaker (e.g. Undersecretary level or higher).
Special Knowledge/Skills Required:
· US government clearance: Current Top Secret/SCI
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities