IT Specialist, Sr
IT Specialist, Sr
Duty Location: Colorado Spring, CO
FLSA Classification: Full Time, exempt
The Buffalo Group, LLC is a well-respected, employee focused company. TBG is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a professional work environment. The Management philosophy of promoting from within is designed to enhance your personal career growth.
TBG is seeking an IT Specialist to assist in the planning and management of J2 IT requirements to integrate, and provide secure, assured, survivable and readily accessible intelligence communications, and computer systems to provide analysis capabilities that foster rapid, collaborative planning, execution, and real-time re-tasking and re-targeting capabilities.
Principle Responsibilities of the Position:
· Ensures J2 COOP facilities are maintained in a "ready for operations" configuration. Assists in the management of intelligence / other software applications to include requirements, justifications, and installation.
· Conducts future intelligence IT system planning in coordination with J3 and J6.
· Documents intelligence requirements / architecture, captures customer needs, advocates capabilities, and maintains and improves architecture.
· Master’s degree in an area related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; or have Bachelor’s degree related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and an additional 5 years of related senior experience, for a total of 17 years, as a substitute to the Master’s degree.
· Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of the labor category activities required to meet mission requirements.
· For analysts, demonstrates mastery of qualitative and quantitative analytic methodologies and pursues developments in academia or other fields that affect tradecraft methodology.
· For analysts, demonstrates ability to define comprehensive, new, or unique research approaches that enable rigorous assessments to address and contribute to high-level tasks.
· For analysts, demonstrates in-depth analysis of analytic operations and knowledge management issues across organizational and intra-IC boundaries and clearly articulates key findings.
· Demonstrates ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
· For analysts, demonstrates ability to review analytic products for cogent arguments, tradecraft standards, and adequate support for conclusions; routinely tests analytic rigor of analytic products.
· Minimum 12 years of experience related to the specific labor category with at least a portion of the experience within the last 2 years.
Special Knowledge/Skills Required:
· US government clearance: Current Top Secret/SCI
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities