IT Project Manager
Location: Reston, VA
TBG is actively seeking an individual who enjoys working in a variety of group dynamics-from independent work to collaboration with teaming partners and developing a dynamic in-house team.
Job Overview: IT Project Manager responsible for overall program management of newly implement IT structure consisting of personnel providing software support to customer. Responsibilities include review and implementation of current and future schedules for IT services. This role requires someone with proven experience leading teams that are charged with implementing cross domain solutions that support requirements of varying complexity in addition to planning and managing the coordinated effort of a team of different stakeholders, information technology, and related technical professionals, to include personnel from different organizations with competing interests (e.g., customer, cross domain governing bodies, hosting facility, and technology provider). In addition to running the Project Management Framework throughout each of the projects. Their technical familiarity should be in infrastructure and should understand storage, networks, data center, and platform (OS) services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities.
- Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate managers, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
- Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverable, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
- Performs business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
- Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- Demonstrated 6 years of experience and knowledge in managing IT projects
- Ability to monitor the progress of multiple concurrent and highly visible projects and requirements with the ability to recommend or take required corrective actions; skilled at-risk identification and management
- Ability to articulate complex resource and technical issues to a range of audiences; excellent communication skills
- Hands-on experience leading and managing enterprise level, multi-disciplinary cross-organizational project teams using the Agency Project Management Framework (PMF) and Agile project management methodology
- Extensive ability to communicate (orally and in writing) the most complex technical concepts and project information, tailoring ideas, explanations, and concepts to executive and senior managers.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrent projects, short deadlines, and competing priorities
- Knowledge of Agency enterprise technical architecture, services-oriented architectures, security requirements, and operating environments
- A broad knowledge of Agency IT components, missions and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to examine project successes and failures and make recommendations to improve processes and practices.
- Participates in special projects as required
- Familiarity with Intelligence Community issues, policies, systems, and working relationships
- Minimum Years of Experience: 8-10 years of related program management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Must have an active and current TS/SCI
- Professional Certification (PMP) prefer
The Buffalo Groups is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities