GIS Analyst, Mid
GIS Analyst, Mid
Duty Location: Tampa, FL
FLSA Classification: Full Time, exempt
The Buffalo Group, LLC is a well-respected, employee focused company. TBG is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a professional work environment. The Management philosophy of promoting from within is designed to enhance your personal career growth.
TBG is seeking a GIS Analyst who uses Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software applications (including the ESRI platform) and other automated tools including relational databases; National Technical Means (NTM)/commercial imagery; National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) standard/ nonstandard data; and data produced by other agencies and deployed forces to conduct geospatial intelligence analysis. They conduct GIS-specific tasks, in coordination with all-source analysts, to develop and publish anticipatory and foundational all-source analytic products to enhance presentation to customers by visually representing data to characterize groups/events, or discover patterns, relationships/dynamics, or trends; Tasks include data mining, data creation and administration, data manipulation, geo-processing and analysis, and data visualization and map production.
Principle Responsibilities of the Position:
· Apply geospatial tradecraft using GIS to produce geospatially-referenced data/multi- layered graphics/maps of varying scale and scope, conduct database/product validation/management, and disseminate geospatial data and products to HQ USCENTCOM, the JIOC, Components, deployed forces (including Coalition) and to National System for Geospatial Intelligence (NSG) members.
· Support multi-disciplinary analytic efforts that involve critical all-source geospatial intelligence analytic issues by integrating data sets.
· Network with DIA/NGA/IC counterparts & stakeholders to ensure effective external coordination & collaboration on Branch production
· Communicate with relevant CENTCOM Divisions/Directorates to ensure internal intelligence issue coordination.
· Coordinate finished production internally & externally, as appropriate.
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Geography or one of the Geospatial Sciences and 4-5 years applied GIS experiences, or the experience requirement listed below.
· 10 years of applied GIS experience and experience in at least one of the following: All-source analysis; Use of Geographic Information Systems in demographic modeling; deployment/US assignments to Iraq, the Levant, Arabian Peninsula or AFG/PAK with experience supporting Special Operations Forces and Civil Affairs Operations.
· Proficient using ArcGIS Desktop/ArcGIS Pro (or equivalent) as an analytic, data visualization, and map production tool for all-source information;
· Geodata discovery collection, capture, conversion and formatting;
· Geodata storage, organization, and management;
· Data aggregation, manipulation, standardization, and management;
· Structured Query Language (SQL) syntax, spatial queries, tabular/ spatial queries, and Boolean logic;
· Qualitative and quantitative mapping methods;
· Map compilation, design, production, interpretation, and data visualization;
· Geocoding, geolocation, and georeferencing.
Special Knowledge/Skills Required:
· US government clearance: Current Top Secret/SCI with CI polygraph
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities