Facility Security Officer
The FSO will be responsible for the oversight of day-to-day security procedures and processes that support the company, as well as multiple government agencies. This position could require response/access 24/7 to complete specific security and access tasks. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring proper industrial security procedures are followed in accordance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), internal customer policy and applicable government regulations and directives.
- Process clearance paperwork for both initial and periodic investigations of government security clearances.
- Submit Investigation request via JPAS (NISS)/e-QIP.
- Coordinate and schedule investigations with OPM and applicant/employee.
- Create and maintain personnel security files/folders.
- Courier documents between corporate office, remote, and customer facilities as needed.
- Conduct security indoctrinations, briefings, debriefings and security education.
- Process all incoming/outgoing visit certifications and maintain visitor control database.
- Issue courier authorizations, facility badges, and maintain key control.
- Conduct IA security briefings and process system access requests.
- Schedule indoctrinations and polygraph examinations.
- Maintain liaison with facilities, logistics, operations, corporate offices, local law enforcement, and IC communities.
- Prepare and maintain records for DSS inspections.
- Continuously update documentation, such as the Insider Threat Program/Policy.
- Oversee new security applications and periodic reinvestigations for employees as required.
- Assist in managing the Shared Services/Integrated Security Services group.
- Maintain auditable files and processes, collect and provide metric data to senior management. Be the liaison with the Defense Security Service (DSS) representative for the AbleVets HQ office CAGE Code as well as subsidiary Cage Codes, as necessary.
- Have a positive history of supporting DSS audits/reviews and corrective action as necessary.
- Support and comply with all customer contractual security requirements.
- Provide support as necessary for NIST 800-171 - Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information for Nonfederal Systems and Organizations.
- Support business development and proposal requirements.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 7- 10 years of experience
- Must have managed a multi-disciplined corporate security staff of 2-3 security professionals
- Hold current FSO position with minimum of 5 years of continuous experience administering multiple programs at TS/SCI level; 7-10 years of experience as a Cleared Defense Contractor working in corporate and government environments as a security officer
- Certificate of Completion from the DSS Academy FSO Course and experience as an FSO
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong, detail-oriented analytical and critical thinking skills.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- CSSO, CISSP or CISM experience desired
- Construction and Management of SCIF build outs is desired
The Buffalo Groups is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities