Development Operations Engineer
The DevOps Engineer will work with multiple application teams to migrate systems into the Technical Integrator (TI) DevOps provided service in support of its customer. This individual will work technical details with application teams to ensure they are migrated successfully.
Candidate currently has or has recently held a security clearance (in the last 2 years) and is in good standing with government issuing entity
Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications.
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting DevOps best practices.
- Automate the provisioning of environments: cooking up some recipes with Ansible, and deploying environments using containers, like Docker.
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting review to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components.
- Troubleshoot problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Participate to the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Represent production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Identify reoccurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
- Experience maintaining and administering software build systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience maintaining and administering artifact repository systems such as Artifactory.
- Ability to automate workflows through scripting or other technologies such as Ansible or Puppet on Linux platforms