Deputy Program Manager
Deputy Program Manager
Duty Location: Tampa, FL
FLSA Classification: Full Time, exempt
The Buffalo Group, LLC is a well-respected, employee focused company. TBG is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a professional work environment. The Management philosophy of promoting from within is designed to enhance your personal career growth.
TBG is seeking a Deputy Program Manager to directly supports the Program Manager, who is responsible for all aspect of the CENCTOM J2 Intelligence Support contract, including overall performance of work; delivery of PWS requirements; and cost/schedule performance. They have full authority to act for the contractor on all contract matters relating to daily operation of the contact. They manage a large, multi-disciplined team supporting CENTCOM J2 around the world. As an alternate to the Program Manager, the Deputy assume all responsibilities in the case the Program Manager’s absence or unavailability. The ideal candidate possesses experience in either Afghanistan, Iraq/SWA regional/political/military issues as well as Combatant Command or equivalent experience.
Principle Responsibilities of the Position:
· Serve as point of contact for the customer and subcontractors, responsible for responding to all issues; effectively respond to all customer or contract employee issues
· Cultivate strong customer relationships to better understand pain points, operational requirements, and mitigate potential issues.
· Work with corporate recruiting team to develop job requisitions and interview best practices; ensure that contract is fully staffed; maintain candidate backlog; and respond to surge requirements.
· Work with subcontractors to ensure that all contract personnel are held to the same standard and are appropriately screened/vetted.
· Facilitate communication with all stakeholders, including the customer, subcontractors, and corporate leadership to address any potential or actual contract issues.
· Coordinate visits of contract personnel not directly involved with the day-to-day operations.
· Provide reporting and metrics to corporate and customer leadership as required.
· Develop best practices to drive workforce retention and employee satisfaction.
· Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of relevant management experience
· 6 years’ experience working in Government environment as either a Member of the Armed Forces, Government or Contractor employee with at least 3 years’ management experience including leading large complex projects or multidisciplined teams.
· Highly Desired: Experience in either Afghanistan, Iraq/SWA regional/political/military issues; Combatant Command or equivalent experience.
Special Knowledge/Skills Required:
· US government clearance: Current Top Secret/SCI with CI polygraph
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities