Database Engineer-Level 6
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree
Minimum Experience: 16 years
* Provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis
* Develops relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software
* Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design
* Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
* The DBE works primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC)
* Develops requirements from a project’s inception to its conclusion for a particular business and IT subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems)
* Assist with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts
* Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros; updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file; and builds complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies
* Skills and Tasks: Advanced experience in a particular discipline/domain. Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and/or managers not performed at level 5 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
* Leadership/management: May work individually or as a key member of a senior technical team. Leads resolution of complex technical issues and/or performs research of high-end technical solutions.
* Guidance: Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion
* Training and Certifications: DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order