Database Administrator 3
Required clearance: TS/SCI
Education: Bachelors or higher
* Maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s)
* Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
* Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database
* Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products
* Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
* Performs Oracle, SQL Server, SYBASE, and other DBMS Database and Application server administration
* Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes
Apply Standard Characteristics of Labor Category Capability Levels. In addition, directs the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database. Coordinates database architecture changes with Database Engineer (DBE)s. Directs the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views. Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies.
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities