The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 4 years
Minimum Security Clearance Level: Active Top-Secret w/SCI Eligibility (TS/SCI)
The Business Analyst (BA) serves as proxy for a client Product Owner on a SAFe Agile team. The BA shall ensure the customer’s requirements are captured through a variety of methods such as
- Interview and observation | BA’s should feel comfortable working with clients, directly, both one-on-one and in a group setting
- Documentation analysis | BA’s should be familiar with reviewing client documents and performing analysis to discover what the client really needs
- Database Design Description (DBDD) and Interface Design Description (IDD) | BA’s should be comfortable reviewing documents that describe the data flowing through the system, and how users interact with that system to move the data
- System Analysis | BA’s are expected to become experts on the systems they support
- Product Backlog Management | BA’s shall capture requirements from the client and develop comprehensive, accurate user stories, ensuring stories are "racked and stacked" and reflect the most recent needs of the client. User stories shall be managed in Confluence and JIRA
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) | As a BA you will interface daily with scrum teams and scrum masters to help provide Subject Matter expertise, ensuring User Stories are documented sufficiently for the team to be able to develop quality, functioning software
Responsibilities & Duties
- Serve as the customer proxy and interface with government, internal, and other contractual staff, ensuring successful delivery of units of work
- Analyze broadly-defined requirements and use various techniques to discover the client wants and provide decomposed User Stories with sufficient Acceptance Criteria that the Development Team can use to do their work
- Organize patterns and ideas within User Stories to create Epic structures
- Recognize when to integrate the needs of related projects as well as the needs of multiple stakeholders to produce an overall solution
- Coordinate the activities of technicians assigned to specific analytical projects
- Assist the client with iteration planning
- Assist the test team with developing test plans
- Assist the development team with prototyping
- Lead system demos and attend Sprint Retrospectives.
- Anticipate client needs to contribute to vision and feature generation.
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience as a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst, or Product Owner
- Experience within SAFe Agile Projects is a plus.
- SAFe certifications are a plus
- Experience using Backlog Management tools such as JIRA.
- Experience with Confluence or comparable wiki tools.
- Experience using visualization tools such as MS Visual Studio (VISIO).
The Buffalo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, encouraging Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities to apply.