Agile Project Manager
Agile Project Manager-TS/SCI CI Poly
The Buffalo Group is hiring an experienced Agile Project Manager to support a key program in Reston, VA. The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and will hire new talent as needed to fulfill client needs.
Serves as the authorized project interface with project stakeholders including government personnel and customer agency representatives. Responsible for facilitating delivery of customer-defined software development projects; basic responsibilities include:
* Provides leadership to a cross-functional team, managing team resource assignments, projected task completion dates, prioritizing activities based on customer requirements and SLAs.
* Review integrated master schedules to Track project milestones and deliverables and communicate any changes with the customer.
* Facilitate customer and stakeholder sessions for the identification and clarification of business process needs.
* Perform risk management to minimize project risks
* Conducted internal and external technical exchange meetings and design sessions.
* Provide support with release documentation, release management, and facilitate release planning activities.
* Responsible for all TBG personnel on contract to include performance management and timekeeping
* Have considerable experience leveraging enterprise support services to provide ancillary program support e.g., recruiting, finance, contracts, security, etc.
* Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
* Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Managing budgets and reporting on fund allocation.
* Gathering feedback and presenting insights.
* Reporting on program performance to executive team and directors.
* Identifying opportunities for continual improvement.
* Ensuring relevant standards, process and regulations are upheld.
* College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline and 5 years of project management.
* Ability to work well with teammates in complex and fast-paced environment Ability to produce superior written and PowerPoint reports, Visio workflows
* Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
* Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic; self-starter
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.