Accounts Payable / Receivable Clerk
Location: Reston, VA
TBG is actively seeking an individual who enjoys working in a variety of group dynamics-from independent work to collaboration with teaming partners and developing a dynamic in-house team.
Job Overview: This role is responsible for supporting the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions and completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accounts Receivable Duties
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from timesheets and feedback from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Prepare invoices for T&M, Fixed price and cost-plus contracts.
- Submit invoice various customer portals.
- Accounts Payable Related Duties:
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Other Duties:
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience performing accounts payable and accounts receivable duties
- Deltek Costpoint experience (or other major finical system) experience preferred.
- ADP experience is preferred
- Organization, Accounting, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, thoroughness, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication
The Buffalo Groups is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities